Full-Stack Software Engineer for First Hire
We're a team of serial health tech entrepreneurs passionate about developing a mobile app for mental health therapists to improve workflow, reimbursement, patient engagement, and more. We are ready for a full-time engineer. We're flexible with ramp up (part time the first 3 months if necessary) with a start date to be in Spring 2017.
We’re seeking a full stack software engineer to begin and lead development on this iOS and Android app, including to help choose the stack, framework, and software languages to use. Rather than develop native apps in Swift/Objective-C and Java, we will build this application via a hybrid framework such as Ionic or React Native. Other aspects of the tech stack are open for collaboration with a candidate who can make a case for the tools and technology to use.
This is an opportunity to start a greenfield project and build a mobile app from the ground up, with input and collaboration around all aspects of technology and tools. You will help build a stack and platform that will not only allow us to ship our first production code quickly, but also minimize tech debt and optimize for future features and enhancements to be built on top, painlessly.
If being on the ground floor of a new company building software that improves the lives of patients and therapists excites you, this is the opportunity for you!
You would be perfect for this job if you:
- Have 5+ years experience in web or mobile development
- Have experience in both front-end and back-end coding
- Have experience with Ionic Framework or React Native
- Have SQL experience (e.g. PostgreSQL or MySQL)
- Have experience with AWS/EC2/ELB/S3
- Have experience using JSON REST APIs
- Have worked on mobile apps previously (native or hybrid)
- Have experience building highly scalable, highly secure messaging platforms
- Have experience with health care technology needs, such as following HIPAA and PHI rules
- Can write maintainable, reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Can build remote services in a modern programming language
- Have strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Are interested in working with a team of seasoned, successful healthcare entrepreneurs
- Are excited about a high equity opportunity combined with a competitive startup salary
- Are a self-starter who’s passionate about creativity, innovation, and disruption of the status quo
- Live or are willing to relocate to Madison, WI